Latest post Wed, Jun 12 2013 7:55 PM by Helena Trix. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 12 2013 7:42 PM

• Helena Trix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • Pretoria, South Africa
    • Posts 161
    • Points 2,490

422HQ export, still gamma-shift.....

Dear Avid Community,

I have a DNXHD185X commercial and I need to export it as ProRes 422HQ .mov from Avid.
    I am aware that the quicktime conversion causes a shift in gamma.
    But the alternative way that should work when MC 6 launched, also gives me a gamma shift.

Here is what I did:
    -Transcoded my final sequence to Apple ProRes HQ MXF (there is no option for Apple ProRes 422HQ, but I am guessing its the same thing)

-Exported the transcoded sequence same as source 

The end result was a .MOV file with Gamma Shift (I checked it for differences by reimporting or AMA linking the file in Avid)
    Also when inspecting the file the codec was labeled as followed: "AVdn, Apple Prores 422 (HQ), Timecode" instead of "Apple Prores 422HQ"
    I tried exporting same as source with and without the "use of avid codecs" but they all result in Gamma shift.

What am I doing wrong? 

Mac Pro 32GB Lion MC 7.02 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 12 2013 7:55 PM In reply to

• Helena Trix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • Pretoria, South Africa
    • Posts 161
    • Points 2,490

Re: 422HQ export, still gamma-shift.....

UPDATE: When doing a mixdown in stead of a Transcode there is no gamma shift!
    Also when inspecting the exported file it is now labeled as: "Prores 422HQ, timecode" instead of that weird Avdn label.

I am happy I have found a solution, allthough I find it strange that a transcode to the same codec does not work for me. 

Mac Pro 32GB Lion MC 7.02 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller