Latest post Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:25 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 10 2011 8:10 PM

HD quicktime ref compressed to SD for DVD - what field order?

I'm having some issues exporting a project and compressing to DVD, and it looks like it has something to do with field order.  I have a 1080i program, exported as a quicktime ref, then compressed to MPEG2 in Squeeze 7 for DVD.  From what I understand HD is upper field, SD is lower field. So should an HD show downconverted to SD stay upper field, or should Squeeze be set for lower field since it's now going to SD?  Or would it be simplest to set squeeze for progressive.  If that's the case, then what sort of deinterlacing option should I choose?  Thanks for any advice.

• Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:25 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,880
    • Points 259,595
    • ! Avid Employee
      !Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Developer Moderator
      ForumsAdministrator
      Moderator: Edit on Demand
      Moderator: SSAI PHAI
      SystemAdministrator

Re: HD quicktime ref compressed to SD for DVD - what field order?

peacebreaker:
    I have a 1080i program, exported as a quicktime ref, then compressed to MPEG2 in Squeeze 7 for DVD.

I don't know which application you are using to author the DVD in, but if it is AvidDVD - do not use Squeeze in the process. Take the QT reference file directly into AvidDVD, author and then continue from there. I have never in all the years I have been making DVDs or Blu-Rays had to think about field order. Let AvidDVD take care of that for you. It will downconvert for you.

If you browse through the 2 collections of Video tutorials I have at the beginning of this forum you will find about 20 or so tutorials on AvidDVD.

Good luck

Regards,
    Douglas

Sr. Director | Customer Experience and Community [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller