Latest post Tue, Jul 5 2011 10:40 PM by Marianna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 5 2011 12:47 PM

• barcud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 19 2008
    • Posts 44
    • Points 540

Avid Activation Anomaly

Hi, to all !

I have some serious problem with the activation workflow, if somebody know some usefull advice don't hesitate to share.

We have an uppgrade pack, from 3.0 to 5.0.3. It was installed, an we used it in trial mode, for 20days. Now, if i start the application, on the wellcomescreen shown we have 11days left from the trial mode. That is correct.

If i open one of our project from our Unity share, the project  opens and suddenly  one warrinig message pops up, and it says The trial is expired, and it quits. Thats BAD !!!!

Ok, so let's register it! We don't have internet acces on the workstations, so we used the "another computer register" options.

We filled the gaps, with the Sys ID (dongle) and the Serial from the book, And we get the activation key. We paste it to the avid, and...  Software activaton faled. Please contact to the support.  We contact them. The suggested to try conntect to the internet directly. Ok. We solved it. So we chosed the direct activation mode. And here is the magic. Now It say's. Your Media Composer is allready registred. And i hit ok. And is say againt: Software activation failure, please contact the support. Catch 22.

They suggest a full windows reinstall.

EDIT: We made a full windos reinstall, but the problem is still going on, with a brand new istalled avid. :-)

Any advice?

Thank you.

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 7:21 PM In reply to

• Bernd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • De Wijk / The Netherlands
    • Posts 253
    • Points 3,390

Re: Avid Activation Anomaly

Did you follow the rules as suggested in this document?
    Did you de-activate your old MC before you started to register the new one?
    Bernd

MC 5.5.3 | QT 7.6.9 | Win7 Ult 64x | Asus P8Z68-V PRO | Intel i7-2600k | Memory 16GB DDR3 1600MHz | Graphics Card ATI4870x2 2GB | C-drive 128GB SSD CRUCIAL... [view my complete system specs]

Learning by Doing Smile

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 7:47 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,529
    • Points 235,115
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Can you email me directly - I will work it with you offline as I will need the system ID and serial # of seat which is exhibiting this.  Dont post them here.

marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 5 2011 8:50 PM In reply to

• barcud
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 44
    • Points 540

No, i did not deactivate our old MC, it has only dongle protection. We have an another workstation,(same like the problematy one) witch was activated succesfully, without any deactivation or dongle uppgrade/downgrade method. Just simply put the genrated activation number, and it is working like charm.

Anyway thank you for the usefull links!

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 9:00 PM In reply to

• barcud
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 44
    • Points 540

Thank you four your help. I already sent all of our Avid Lincenses datas, to our Avid support crew. They  will contact to  you soon. (i hope so). If they not, i wiil.

Thank you very much!

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 10:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,529
    • Points 235,115
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Happy to help.... 

Only an email away should you need me :)

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller