Latest post Thu, Jul 14 2011 8:32 AM by Jon Chappell. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 4 2011 11:05 PM

• Marco Polo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 1 2011
    • Canada
    • Posts 11
    • Points 155

Avid Crash upon Opening Project (URGENT)

Hey guys,

I'm having a really annoying problem! Avid MC will start up, but when I open a project, it just closes and gives me a mac thing about how it has crashed. Everything starts up fine, but when I select a project it just crashes. 

I'm going to need a quick solution because, I'm fliming a short film on wednsday and if this doesn't work by then, xxxxxxxx* I'll have to use FCP :( Please help me.

I've tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it. I've tried deleting files related to avid then reinstalling it... still nothing. At this point, I don't care about any of my other projects, I just want Avid to work again.

Thanks!

If it helps, it always crashed when loading my settings.

* Edited by moderator - NO CURSING!! Forum Terms of Use

Avid Symphony 6 for PC [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 5 2011 12:17 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bainbridge Island, WA
    • Posts 5,564
    • Points 64,835
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Avid Crash upon Opening Project (URGENT)

Geez, Larry...no answer?

Try trashing your settings.  You'll probably find them in the Users/Shared/Avid Media Composer/Avid Users/Your name here.

If that doesn't do the trick, try deleting the site settings and MC state files found in Applications/Avid Media Composer/Settings.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 12:49 AM In reply to

• Marco Polo
    • Not Ranked
    • Canada
    • Posts 11
    • Points 155

Nothing, bloody hell!

If this helps, here is the thing Mac gives me,

Dyld Error Message:

Symbol not found: __ZN11DottyObjectD2Ev

Referenced from: /Applications/Avid Media Composer/AvidMediaComposer.app/Contents/MacOS/libameLibrary.dylib

Expected in: /Library/Frameworks/HWcommon.framework/Versions/A/HWcommon

Help me please!

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 12:49 AM In reply to

• Marco Polo
    • Not Ranked
    • Canada
    • Posts 11
    • Points 155

Nothing, bloody hell!

If this helps, here is the thing Mac gives me,

Dyld Error Message:

Symbol not found: __ZN11DottyObjectD2Ev

Referenced from: /Applications/Avid Media Composer/AvidMediaComposer.app/Contents/MacOS/libameLibrary.dylib

Expected in: /Library/Frameworks/HWcommon.framework/Versions/A/HWcommon

Help me please!

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 3:39 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,626
    • Points 18,640

Not sure abut the message but please check you have write access to both your system drive and system root, the location where you store your Avid projects and user settings and your media drives. Make sure you have Administrator rights on your user profile.

Also - when replying and someone has made a suggestion at least tell us if you have tried those suggestions and they haven't worked, which I assume you have.

Also a little more background please - has Avid ever worked on this system? That way we know if this is a new problem on this system.

Here are some problems I've seen in the past - someone hooks up an NTFS media drive to their Mac system but only has read access to this drive because they are only using the native Mac mounter for NTFS.Avid doesn't like it and will crash when opening a project. There are plenty of solutions to this (MacFUSE and NTFS3G being one). Also when installing Avid did you get any error messages?

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 11:09 AM In reply to

• Marco Polo
    • Not Ranked
    • Canada
    • Posts 11
    • Points 155

That was it! Thanks so much :) 

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 3:22 PM In reply to

hbrock:
    Geez, Larry...no answer?

I'd cut Larry some slack.  After all, he works for the DOD and it was Independence Day! :)

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 3:31 PM In reply to

hbrock:

Geez, Larry...no answer?

Today is moving day from the Pentagon to Ft. Meade. My participation today will be sparse at best. I'm up to my eyeballs with packing and moving.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 3:48 PM In reply to

Larry, how does that affect your drive-time?

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Tue, Jul 5 2011 3:59 PM In reply to

Even though it's ten miles further each way, my drive time will be pretty much the same, since most of it is on high speed highways and a large part of it is a reverse commute for me. The trick in the DC area for moving effectively at rush hour is STAY OFF THE INTERSTATES - find other local "main road" routes.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Jul 14 2011 8:32 AM In reply to

"Symbol not found" occurs when it's trying to find a function that doesn't exist in a framework. This means the framework is mismatched to your Media Composer version and can be an indication that an install or update has gone wrong, or that your system doesn't meet the Avid Compatibility Matrix.

My software:
    Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
    Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
    More tools...

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller