Latest post Wed, Mar 2 2011 3:56 PM by almost40_3girls. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 26 2011 9:48 PM

Avid DVD - moved to new machine - invalid license key

Because my laptop crashed I had to reinstall everything on my desktop. I have MC up and running on it as well as the other 3rd party products but Avid DVD I cannot get going. When I start it, it goes to Sonic to activate and then says it is an invalid product key.

Is this going to be like MC and I need to call support to have the old activate canceled? Do I go to Avid or Sonic?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide,

Jeff

MC5.0.4, Panasonic AG-AC130 HD Cam & DVC30 SD Cam, Sager 9170 laptop, 17" 1920x1080, i7 3rd gen, 8gb ram, dual Hd's, GTX675m graphics. Emachine... [view my complete system specs]

Created Design Video - "Video for the common man"

• Sat, Feb 26 2011 9:56 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,991
    • Points 228,305
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid DVD - moved to new machine - invalid license key

almost40_3girls:
    Is this going to be like MC and I need to call support to have the old activate canceled? Do I go to Avid or Sonic?

Jeff, I am sorry to hear that it was not possible to re-install AvidDVD on the desktop without this problem.

AvidDVD is supported through Avid and not Sonic.

I have never had this problem, so I am sorry to say that I have no practical help that I can suggest.

Good luck.

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 12:40 AM In reply to

Thanks for the input. Well I'll leave this thread going to see if someone from Avid can pipe in. I even deleted what I thought was a license file in the all users\application data\sonic folder but then the app would not erven come up and try and verify anything on their registration servers.

I did deleted it reboot and reinstaleld but same thing. It doesn't even give you a place or chance to do anything about it.

Jeff

MC5.0.4, Panasonic AG-AC130 HD Cam & DVC30 SD Cam, Sager 9170 laptop, 17" 1920x1080, i7 3rd gen, 8gb ram, dual Hd's, GTX675m graphics. Emachine... [view my complete system specs]

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 7:44 PM In reply to

Bump - Ideas out there? Which is the best way to get Avid Support on this?

Jeff

• Wed, Mar 2 2011 3:56 PM In reply to

Well to finish this one off I did a Google search and found a forum thread that lasted out a bunch of folder/files locations to delete such as C:\program files\common files\sonic, c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\sonc and also a nummber of registry keys to delete such as HKLM\software\sonic.

After doing all this I reinstalled Avid DVD and it was able to activate ok to the Sonic servers.

This all came from Avid having me delete a number of license folders so I could get MC5 to activate.

Jeff

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller