Latest post Wed, Feb 2 2011 11:19 PM by adampaez. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 30 2011 8:13 PM

• adampaez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 11 2010
    • Posts 65
    • Points 825

Printing mixed formats to tape

I have to print a sequence where I've mixed DV PAL and 720 HDV material onto a HDV 720 tape. Should I collapse or transcode the footage or something before I print it? Also will I need to apply fluidmotion progressive to the DV footage parts to deinterlace it?

• Tue, Feb 1 2011 1:01 AM In reply to

Re: Printing mixed formats to tape

Yes you will need to completely render the material.

Just becareful, the default Fluidmotion applied in a mixed format timeline is not the best.

You want to promote it to Fluidmotion and adjust the source/output setting to interlace or progressive accordingly. The FX is not real time and takes considerable time to render but it produces significantly better results.

MC 2020.6, W10, Gigabyte X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 64GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2012... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 2 2011 11:19 PM In reply to

• adampaez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 11 2010
    • Posts 65
    • Points 825

Re: Printing mixed formats to tape

So are you saying that I should add Fluidmotion (NOT Fluidmotion Progressive) to the ENTIRE timeline but have the settings differently when the clips change? Is it really necessary to have the filter on the parts that are already progressive?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller