Latest post Thu, Dec 30 2010 1:05 AM by Randall L. Rike. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 29 2010 8:13 AM

Exception error

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. I am trying to export my timeline project and it goes about halfway through then I get this message.

EXCEPTION

Movie export from procedures failed, errcode-2034

I am exporting it to a quicktime movie. In the settings I have it exporting HDoutput. Native, 1920 by 1080 custom. 

Desperate, I am at a deadline for film festival for my short. I used this to export my trailer and it worked. This short film is about 17 min. long. While the trailer was 1

I am using a 2005 version of Avid Xpress Pro HD. on a Intel(R) 299GHZ, 200GB of Ram with Windows XP. I shot my project with a Cannon 5D mark 2. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 29 2010 8:18 AM In reply to

Re: Exception error

Hi,

What version of what Avid product are you using, and what are the system specs of the computer you're using (look at the bottom of my post for an example, and include what version of Quicktime is installed on the system)?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2021.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Dec 29 2010 11:22 PM In reply to

Carl,

I am using a 2005 version of Avid Xpress Pro HD. on a Intel(R) 299GHZ, 200GB of Ram with Windows XP. I shot my project with a Cannon 5D mark 2. I don't know what version of Quicktime it is till I get back to school.

Thanks

Mick

I am using a 2005 version of Avid Xpress Pro HD. on a Intel(R) 299GHZ, 200GB of Ram with Windows XP. I shot my project with a Cannon 5D mark 2. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 29 2010 11:25 PM In reply to

Hi Mick,

Often times, export errors are caused when the system has a version of Quicktime installed that is incompatible with the version of Xpress Pro that is installed, so this is generally the first information we ask for when troubleshooting.  Until we know the versions of both of those that are on the system you're using, it's hard to say what the problem could be.

Here's a link to the Xpress Pro Version Matrix:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=246927

Also, what kind of file are you trying to export?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2021.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Wed, Dec 29 2010 11:53 PM In reply to

Carl, can you combine the duplicate threads?

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Thu, Dec 30 2010 12:01 AM In reply to

Hi Carl

Well as I may or may have not said I was able to export the trailer for this short film. So I did it once with both the current version of QT and Xpress Pro HD. I am really a novice at this but I will write you again when I get to school in about 2 hours.

I duplicate the project.

Click export

Send to Desktop

Save as Quicktime movie.....(Should this be HD 1 output)

Options I choose Avid codec, custom, 1920 by 1080, RGB, Native,

Maybe I did something differant with the trailer, I thing I'm doing the same but maybe I changed it by accident

Mick

• Thu, Dec 30 2010 12:03 AM In reply to

The trailer was (probably) shorter, so file size might be the difference.  FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit.  Is the destination drive formatted FAT32 or NTFS?

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    (wwld)

• Thu, Dec 30 2010 12:09 AM In reply to

I have asked Marianna to delete the duplicated thread. We have no moderator tabs in this Forum.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Dec 30 2010 12:46 AM In reply to

Hi Mick,

I've deleted your other thread on this same subject.  You only have to ask the question once.

Mick Flaaen:
    Well as I may or may have not said I was able to export the trailer for this short film.

Yeah, I got that, which is why I asked for more detail about the file type you're trying to export.  As Randy alluded to, some of them have file size limits, which would help explain why a 1 min clip worked and a 17 min clip didn't.  

Mick Flaaen:
    Maybe I did something differant with the trailer, I thing I'm doing the same but maybe I changed it by accident

Something that's important to remember is once you've got a workflow that you're happy with, write it down.  There are a zillion parameters available, and if you can't remember which ones you used when it worked, you'll just wind up back here again.

I know you're new, so I'm not trying to overly bust your chops, but you have to provide a lot more specific detail in your questions if you want to get helpful answers.  For example, if you fill out your system specs in your profile, we won't have to waste so much time asking over and over what version of Xpress Pro you're running, and what kind of computer you're running it on.  I see you've got Avid Xpress Pro HD listed there, but there were lots of versions, so the version number is just as important as the product.

ciao,
    Carl 

• Thu, Dec 30 2010 1:01 AM In reply to

Mick:

Here is what we need for system specifications. Click on your name, then "edit my profile", then "profile options" to get to the appropriate text field. Your specs will then become a permanent part of every post you make.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Dec 30 2010 1:05 AM In reply to

Asking again .... Is the destination drive formatted FAT32 or NTFS?  How much free space?

(wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller