Latest post Thu, Oct 22 2009 6:12 AM by Igor Ridanovic. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 21 2009 4:11 AM

• 1luckydog
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 21 2009
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Metafuze - Cineform - DNxHD

Hello,

I've just started working with DNxHD files on a new project using After Effects. I've got Vegas Pro 8 where I use Cineform.

Following the work flow listed by Cineform & Avid I downloaded MetaFuze and Neoplayer. With Neoplayer I can use Windows Media Player to view Cineform exports from Vegas. It works OK.

I can drop DNxHd file from After Effects on the Vegas timelines and edit away. I then export the files out to Cineform OK.

I want to be able to go back and forth between Vegas/Cineform and After Effects/DNxHD for any editing or composting issues if needed.

My problem is when I take a Cineform file into Metafuze and transcode out to a DNxHD format, I only get *.mxf files. I've read that Metafuze uses the Neoplayer codec and it seems to work. I was expecting a DNxHD file ready for After Effects.

Looking to see if my chain of thought and process is correct and suggestions on ways of getting this to work.

Thx,

David

Filed under:
  • Wed, Oct 21 2009 7:12 AM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,323
    • Points 17,245

Re: Metafuze - Cineform - DNxHD

For this type of transcoding, I always use TMPGEnc 4.x Express. It will translate nearly anything to anything. I can bring in the Cineform files and transcode to DNxHD encoded QTs with ease.

Chris

MacBook Pro M1 Max (2021), 64Gb RAM, OS X 13.5 (Ventura) [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 22 2009 1:46 AM In reply to

• 1luckydog
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

OK, I'll take a look at it. Just thought that from the diagrams listed I could use Metafuze, but what ever works is what matters.

Thanks,

David

• Thu, Oct 22 2009 1:48 AM In reply to

• 1luckydog
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

I'll give it a look. Just that from the diagrams I saw I could use Metafuze as the middle man.

Thanks

David

Filed under:
  • Thu, Oct 22 2009 6:12 AM In reply to

MetaFuze saves MXF files only because it's primary, if not only purpose is to prep files for Media Composer use. You can think of it as an outboard import facility for Media Composer. Maybe Adobe Media Encoder could bridge all these apps for you?

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller