Latest post Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:27 PM by Blofelds Cat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 20 2009 1:34 AM

• Blofelds Cat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Australia
    • Posts 31
    • Points 445

MC v4 - Pan & Zoom video material?

Well fancy that. Perhaps v5....

Proudly non-Avid qualified - Avid Media Composer 3 - HP Pavilion m7288a - Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz - 4GB DDR Ram - Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT... [view my complete system specs]

www.ohmss-007.com

home of:

Far Up! Far Out! Far More! - James Bond, On Her Majesty's Secret Service

The Bondles - take a trip down Moneypenny Lane to a world in which The Beatles and James Bond collide with moderately humorous result.

• Sun, Sep 20 2009 4:35 PM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,996
    • Points 38,075

Re: MC v4 - Pan & Zoom video material?

No. Entirely different issue.

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Sun, Sep 20 2009 8:47 PM In reply to

From a Mr Difficult post on how to do that with Avid FX

Open the shot you want in the source window and mark in/out the part you want. Then create a subclip of it by dragging it from the source window to the bin.  Then create a QT reference of that shot onto your desktop (or where ever).  Then switch the project over to 30i.  Now cut the shot you want into the timeline (this is just for a placeholder). Drop a Boris Red (or Avid FX or Boris FX) 1 input effect onto the shot.  Open the effect editor and open the Boris interface.  In the Boris timeline click on the V1 icon to change track media to Movie File. Navigate to the QT reference you created and choose it.  Then when it comes into Boris it will still be HD size. You can now pan and scan it all you want without losing resoluton.  Hit apply to return to the avid timeline and render.

• Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:27 PM In reply to

• Blofelds Cat
    • Not Ranked
    • Australia
    • Posts 31
    • Points 445

TCurren:
    No. Entirely different issue.

Well fancy that. Perhaps in v5....

Proudly non-Avid qualified - Avid Media Composer 3 - HP Pavilion m7288a - Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz - 4GB DDR Ram - Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT... [view my complete system specs]

www.ohmss-007.com

home of:

Far Up! Far Out! Far More! - James Bond, On Her Majesty's Secret Service

The Bondles - take a trip down Moneypenny Lane to a world in which The Beatles and James Bond collide with moderately humorous result.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller