Latest post Wed, Apr 15 2009 6:40 PM by Marianna. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 15 2009 6:40 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,317
    • Points 232,510
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

One of my favorite projects - Dresses for Humanity

When she decided to auction 79 of her special dresses for charity just 8 weeks before her untimely death, the late Diana, Princess of Wales communicated her desire to see the royal costume used in some way to assist others less fortunate. The result was "Dresses For Humanity."

An exhibit that traveled the world from October 1997 - June 2001, Dresses for Humanity had proceeds in excess of $900,000, which were given to charities in the U.S. and Canadian cities that were stops on the exhibition tour.

When the exhibit was in Washington, DC, I had the opportunity to join the creative team producing the event. At the time, I was freelancing as a digital media producer and graphic designer. My part of the project was to create video bumps and interstitials that would play on the projection screens during a VIP banquet. The only creative I had as a starting point was the Dresses logo, a crown above a formal typeface.

Going for a warm, nostalgic look, I layered rich shades of amber and gold along with some punches of royal blue for contrast as a background element. The typeface animates in from off-screen at an axis and edges defocused to add depth of field. In the foreground, the crown I kept hovering in a gradation of white to give it an ethereal presence. This particular animation was :05 seconds and bumped video introductions.

Overall, I was very proud to have worked on this project, and it remains one of my favorite creative pieces.

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller