Latest post Thu, Mar 19 2009 6:38 PM by Larry Rubin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 19 2009 6:08 PM

Logging footage after capture?

Hi everyone,

Avid noob who needs help. What's the easiest and most efficient way to log clips in avid after I have captured them to my hard drive? I'm doing a short doc and have a lot of footage, so I just captured one whole tape and now want to cut and log the tape's footage into tinier bits to edit with more efficiently. How do I do this? Thanks.

• Thu, Mar 19 2009 6:15 PM In reply to

Re: Logging footage after capture?

You will take the long master clip, mark in and out to define sections, and use the sub-clip command to break them up into those sections. You can then name each sub-clip as you please.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Mar 19 2009 6:33 PM In reply to

• Thu, Mar 19 2009 6:38 PM In reply to

You're quite welcome. Always glad to help out.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller