Latest post Thu, Dec 18 2008 2:24 PM by switthaus. 36 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 11 2008 3:18 PM In reply to

• jdrouette
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montréal, Canada
    • Posts 441
    • Points 5,765

Re: Media Composer v3.1 now available

Got them.

Thanks, MG.

Avid Media Composer 2020.9 Symphony option, Avid Artist DNxID (DNxID Desktop Video Application v11.5.1), macOS 10.15.7, iMac Pro (2017) 10-Core, 3.0GHz... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 11 2008 4:45 PM In reply to

• Kate Ketcham
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 3 2008
    • Burlington, MA
    • Posts 17
    • Points 335
    • Avid Employee

Avid has been made aware of this issue and we are looking into. I am running some tests now, and have seen the same Bus Thread Error message when accessing the DAE if the the StereoMixer and Surround Mixer plugins are left in the Digidesign Plugin folder. I am going to perform more tests to find a way to resolve it and will update this string shortly.

Thank you for your help and patience, and I will be in touch with you all soon.

Regards,

Kate

Director of Product Management  Media Composer

Avid
    65 Network Drive
    Burlington, MA 01803

• Thu, Dec 11 2008 9:08 PM In reply to

• Kate Ketcham
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 3 2008
    • Burlington, MA
    • Posts 17
    • Points 335
    • Avid Employee

I have finished my testing and discovered the following:

1. On Mac systems, during an uninstall using the Avid Uninstaller, the Digidesign plugins are not uninstalled.
    2. During the upgrade to 3.1, the remaining plugins are overwritten by the new plugins.
    3. Stereo Mixer and Surround Mixer are not included in 3.1 as there are known issues with those plugins.

Thus - After the 3.1 upgrade, Stereo Mixer and Surround Mixer must be removed from the Plugins folder in order to use the AudioSuite on Macs.

If you require use of those plugins, I would recommend that you remain on version 3.0.5.

To verify if you are using the plugins from version 3.1 or an earlier version, navigate to the plugins and Get Info on one of them; if the Version is 8.0.0x264, then you are using the 3.1 plugins. If it is 7.3 or lower, you are using the 3.0.5 plugins.

Regards,

Kate

Director of Product Management  Media Composer

Avid
    65 Network Drive
    Burlington, MA 01803

• Thu, Dec 11 2008 9:32 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Kate, thank you so much for taking the time to research this for us. It is really appreciated.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Thu, Dec 18 2008 1:32 PM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,278
    • Points 15,490

So about a week after the release, what's the feedback on the new version? I haven't seen much problems arising here - appart from the install bug - but over at the AvidL, there are people with issues with the Insert/Assemble functions, as well as a feeling that this version is slower than the previous.

I haven't updated yet because my setup is fine and I'm in the middle of a project, but I would be glad to read your opinions on this release.

For those already on holidays, enjoy the festive season - about to start for me, at last!

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig RAM, Mojo DX, 10.14.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 18 2008 1:35 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

There is a slowness issue that is being addressed as we speak. You can look for an update to solve this issue very, very soon.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Thu, Dec 18 2008 2:24 PM In reply to

• switthaus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Cobbs Creek, VA
    • Posts 2,260
    • Points 30,535

yeah, upon reading those threads, it would be strongly advised to hold off on install of 3.1 until the fixes have been made.  I am sure Marianna and all the moderators are working their collective tails off on this one.

Scott Witthaus

Owner/Editor/Post Production Supervisor 1708 Editorial

http://vimeopro.com/1708editorial/1708-editorial

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller