Latest post Wed, Oct 1 2008 1:51 PM by whiz. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 25 2008 10:17 AM

• whiz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Copenhagen - Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Points 995

Render bug in Nitris DX 3.0

We purchased the new Symphony Nitris DX 3.0 when it was released and since day one we have had one very annoying problem with the system. Everytime we render a sequence it renders pixelerrors into the top of the image. The only way to avoid this is to tell the Symphony to render using only the software and bypassing the DNA. We do this by writing a command in the console.

Everyone else I've talked to, who also owns the new DX system, is experiencing the same problem. I would assume Avid were giving this issue high priority but they haven't released an update since the release of the system. The Bug has been repoted to our local Avid office. Any comments from the Avid development team regarding this?

Avid Symphony Nitris DX V. 3.0

HP XW8600, 4 gig Ram, Win XP Pro 32

JURA Impresse X9 Coffemachine (Latte, Cappuccino etc.) Avid Media Composer Avid Nitris DX Avid Symphony Nitris DX Avid Isis 5000 Z400 Z800 [view my complete system specs]

Michael Soegaard Manager Red Post Copenhagen - Denmark

• Thu, Sep 25 2008 1:53 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Render bug in Nitris DX 3.0

Let me make sure they have this covered. Could you please tell us the type of project, the resolution and the frame rate please? How was the footage aquired? How was it ingested?

I've been cutting on a Nitris DX since Beta and haven't seen this (I'm on a Mac though) so let's make sure it's something Avid knows about.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Thu, Sep 25 2008 2:09 PM In reply to

• whiz
    • Not Ranked
    • Copenhagen - Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Points 995

This error occurs in every project type we have used: HD 1080 50i, SD PAL 25P, SD PAL 50i.

The formats we have used 15:1 - DVCAM DV25 420 - 2:1 - 1:1 - 1:1 10b - XDCAM HD 720p 25 - DNxHD 185 x - XDCAM HD 1080 50i.

Ingested using SDI in: 15:1 - 2:1 - 1:1 - DNxHD 185 x

Ingested using firewire: DVCAM DV25 420

Imported as MXF from hard drive: XDCAM HD

An important note: Some of these projects was originally cut in our MC Adrenaline suites, using the same projects, media etc. without any problems at all.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks

Michael

JURA Impresse X9 Coffemachine (Latte, Cappuccino etc.) Avid Media Composer Avid Nitris DX Avid Symphony Nitris DX Avid Isis 5000 Z400 Z800 [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Sep 25 2008 4:16 PM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,995
    • Points 37,780

Storage?

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Thu, Sep 25 2008 7:12 PM In reply to

• whiz
    • Not Ranked
    • Copenhagen - Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Points 995

We have tried using a Lanshare EX 4.1.5 and local LVD and Quietdrives.

• Thu, Sep 25 2008 7:21 PM In reply to

• whiz
    • Not Ranked
    • Copenhagen - Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Points 995

Btw. we have also tried a couple of different Nvidia drivers, but no changes so we installed the recommended driver version again (don't remember which version that is).

As soon as we bypass the DNA render, it renders fine. But we have to run the command each time we have restarted the app. Very annoying when you realise you forgot to type in the command before you started the rendering over night Sad

• Thu, Sep 25 2008 7:27 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Ok, I've sent it up to Avid. We'll see what they say. Any chance you can post a screen grab so we can see what you are talking about? 

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Fri, Sep 26 2008 1:19 PM In reply to

• whiz
    • Not Ranked
    • Copenhagen - Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Points 995

Actuallly, it isn't possible to make a screen grab of the error because the error only shows on the ext. monitor (sdi output) and NOT in the preview window in the Symphony. Sorry, I should have mentioned that from the start, but somehow I didn't think of it.

To sum up: The error occurs only in rendered material. In every resolution, format and framerate. It only shows on the ext. monitor and not in the Symphony previewmonitor.

However, I will take a photo of the ext. monitor by monday when the suite is available.

I appreciate the help, thanks! Smile

• Wed, Oct 1 2008 1:51 PM In reply to

• whiz
    • Not Ranked
    • Copenhagen - Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Points 995

This issue was fixed by the new 3.0.5 upgrade Smile

But thank you guys for your help

Regards

Michael

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller