Latest post Mon, May 12 2008 3:05 PM by cassano. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 9 2008 11:38 AM

How to get MCA to always use reference signal

When we still using MCA ver 2.2.6 I had the Adrenaline box set to always use reference signal.  Even when I created new projects without going to Video Output first, it was always on.  We've installed Unity and upgraded to 2.8.1 on all our Avids now and I've noticed that I need to set the Video Output to Reference manually every time.  Is there a way of making this setting stick for every new project?  I've tried dragging a correct Video Output setting to Site Settings but no luck.  I need to set it up for every new project.  Any ideas?  The cable that feeds the ref signal is connected to Adrenaline box permanently and the signal is uninterrupted, I've checked.

Avid Media Composer 2020.4 HP ZBook 17 Gen3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz Win 10, 64GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 12 2008 2:10 AM In reply to

• MikePoglitsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Naperville, IL
    • Posts 183
    • Points 2,425

Re: How to get MCA to always use reference signal

For what its worth, we've been experiencing the same problem with the last rev's of the Avid.  Avid suggested a better sync gen which I did, to no affect.  We've never received a good answer to our queries on tech support.  It is just part of the work flow that we check and set it regularly.

2 Avids: Z400 Win 7 - 12GB RAM, BlackMagic Intensity Pro, z400 Win 7 Matrox MXO2 Mini 12GB RAM Both trying to run MC 7, QT 7.7.4 Acclaim Media... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 12 2008 2:45 AM In reply to

• jasonsaro
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Philadelphia
    • Posts 556
    • Points 6,735

I HATE THIS!  I HATE THE FACT THAT IM RUNNING 4 MCA SUITES, ALL CONNECTED TO HOUSE SYNC, AND I HAVE TO SWITCH THEM TO REFRENCE EVERY TIME I START THEM UP!

AVID!!!  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Make us be able to make this a SITE setting that we can set ONCE and forget about! 

Do not tell me that its possible now, i have tried and tried and tried, never does it stick in the site settings.

I realize that because of the new "software only version" ability, this is why you changed it.  This  changed with version 2.5. 

BE LOYAL TO THE PEOPLE THAT RUN A PROFESSIONAL ENVIORNMENT AND HAVE HOUSE SYNC!  I took the time to wire my entire edit dept for sync, 10 rooms, 3 racks, 2 digitize stations, and even the logging stations.  Make it worth my wild!

Im not the only one out there who HATES the fact that i have to switch it back every session!  Ill be honest, its another step in a workflow.  Its something that was there in MCA 2.2.xxx and YOU TOOK IT AWAY!  Please bring it back!

I love the fact that my Meridian 12.1.1 has sync all the time regardless!  Ohh the old days:)

Jay

ISIS 5500 - 240 Tb HPZ840 - MC 8.4.5 XDCAM HD - XDCAM EX - HDCAM -- HDCAM SR [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 12 2008 3:00 AM In reply to

jasonsaro:

I realize that because of the new "software only version" ability, this is why you changed it.  This  changed with version 2.5. 

BE LOYAL TO THE PEOPLE THAT RUN A PROFESSIONAL ENVIORNMENT AND HAVE HOUSE SYNC! 

But you have to pay more for your upgrades for Adrenaline so why shouldnt you loose functionality to enable MC soft to get cheap upgrades? It is just so logical!!!!!!

• Mon, May 12 2008 3:05 PM In reply to

• cassano
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 211
    • Points 2,640

(Hmmm...we're up to 14 MCAs, most connected to a LANShare, all running v2.8.0, except mine which is v2.8.3 and we have never experienced this problem.  We did put the Video Output settings in Site Settings and it "sticks" here.)

xw8400 w/4Gb RAM / NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500/ MCA v2.8/ Unity LANshare EX v4.1.5 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller