Latest post Thu, May 8 2008 4:35 PM by Randall L. Rike. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 8 2008 11:59 AM

Folders in workspace connected project

What's the purpose of the folders for every connected client that I see in the Project Window in projects created on Unity?  My projects on local storage does not show this.  I see new folders for EDIT1, EDIT2 etc in the Project Window every time someone works in the project.  We're new to Unity, as you can probably tell.  

Avid Media Composer 2020.4 HP ZBook 17 Gen3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz Win 10, 64GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 8 2008 12:07 PM In reply to

Re: Folders in workspace connected project

Same here. I understand that it has been the default behaviour since MediaNetwork version 4. It likely has to do with the way that Unity manages the shared project, but those folders are generally are empty. If you remove them, new ones will be created for every client that opens a bin or folder.

I renamed by 2 systems ZZAVID1 and ZZAVID2 so that they always appear at the bottom of each list. I do find it mildly annoying, but one gets used to it.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 8 2008 4:35 PM In reply to

Re: Folders in workspace connected project

The "first" folder that is created is for the Users personal Project File and Project Settings.  This is how each User can have their own settings.  Sadly, there is a bug too.  So, on some systems,  additional folders get created that are useless and annoying.  Deleting them is fruitless..

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller