Latest post Wed, May 7 2008 2:42 PM by Corne Scheepers. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 6 2008 10:47 AM

BroadcastMessage on MediaNetwork 5 not functioning

I'm using a newly installed Unity MediaNetwork 5.0.1 with three fibre connected Windows clients (MC soft and MCA).  The BroadcastMessage app loads the dialog box that allows me to enter my admin password, message and all three clients show up in the Select Clients box.  When I send the message however I get an error "Failed to get a connection for machine EDIT1/EDIT2/EDIT3" and "0 messages sent".  All three clients have workspaces mounted and are currently editing without any trouble. 

Any ideas?

Avid Media Composer 2020.4 HP ZBook 17 Gen3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz Win 10, 64GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 6 2008 5:22 PM In reply to

• jasonsaro
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Philadelphia
    • Posts 556
    • Points 6,735

Re: BroadcastMessage on MediaNetwork 5 not functioning

Last time i checked, the broadcast message only worked for me on my lanshare with my ethernet clients.  I could never get it to work for the fiber clients.

Jay

ISIS 5500 - 240 Tb HPZ840 - MC 8.4.5 XDCAM HD - XDCAM EX - HDCAM -- HDCAM SR [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 7 2008 2:42 PM In reply to

Re: BroadcastMessage on MediaNetwork 5 not functioning

Yes unfortunately it does seem as though there is no real fix for this.  An Avid tech just came back to me on this saying that I should enable the Messenger service on all the client machines.  Did that and no change.  Any ideas on what else I can use to do this?  All I'm looking for is a simple message box type app to communicate to the edit suites.  At the moment I have to run to every room everytime we do something on the network.

Avid Media Composer 2020.4 HP ZBook 17 Gen3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz Win 10, 64GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller