Latest post Mon, May 12 2008 6:45 PM by Doc Avid. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 29 2008 4:50 PM

• lmurray
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 9 2007
    • ireland
    • Posts 9
    • Points 145

Media Manager "Corrupting" sequences.

Hello

Running mm v 4.5.2 , tm 2.9.5  and various newscutters and adrenalin avids etc.

We seem to be having a recurring problem here with certain edited sequences with effects getting corrupted when being checked into Media Manager v 4.5.2.What is happening is the sequence is perfectly ok while sitting in the bin but when its checked into MM something strange happens and 1 or 2 rogue shots appear on the edited sequence. All the rogue shots seem to be sourced from media within the bin. When you check the sequence in the "original" bin then sequence is as it should be.We have tried rendering all effects before check in and the problem still occurs,

any ideas help would be appreciated

any ideas

Unity Media manager vrs 4.5.2 Tm 2.9.5 Newscutter xp 6.1.9 plus Avid Adrenalin x2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 3 2008 3:59 AM In reply to

• lawsonr
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 8 2006
    • CBS News
    • Posts 315
    • Points 3,665

Re: Media Manager "Corrupting" sequences.

I would suggest looking into upgrading your Media Manager server to a later bundle. At the very least, check out the README for a more recent version and see if this error has been fixed. AT this point, I think 4.5.2 is quite old and those early versions did have quite a few checkin/checkout bugs, if I remember correctly.

Media Composer 2018.12.10; Nexis Enterprise E4; MediaCentral Cloud | UX 2019.9; Production Asset Management; Media Asset Management [view my complete system specs]

--- Rob Lawson System Administrator, ACSR CBS News

• Thu, May 8 2008 10:05 PM In reply to

I remember seeing this problem with Macintosh Adrenalins only. In fact, opening corrupt project on a PC sometimes fixed it.

Even if this is not exactly what you are experiencing, you are way behind on the version of Media Manager. 4.5.2 was current for 2005. Try to get to the latest Haystack bundle you can afford, to the TM 2.9.13 aand MM 4.5.9 as the very least.

• Mon, May 12 2008 6:45 PM In reply to

• Doc Avid
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 17 2006
    • Los Angeles / Hollywood
    • Posts 2,321
    • Points 25,890

With a 4.5 licenced dongle, you can push up to any 4.5.x release.   4.5.10 has been pretty rock solid for us, with about 20 clients and 6000 hours of material.

JDS

So many systems, so little space. So... everything Avid and a Hyundai Veloster Turbo. [view my complete system specs]

Jeff Sengpiehl ACSR Mac/PC/Unity/ISIS Los Angles CA AIM Docavid - Yahoo Docavid Join the Avid-L- It is ALL there: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2 http://tinyurl.com/zl6ez http://tinyurl.com/27qw4o for your Iphone

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller