Latest post Tue, Apr 22 2008 1:46 AM by jwrl. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 21 2008 11:57 PM

• femi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 30 2007
    • Nigeria
    • Posts 37
    • Points 475

Distorted picture

I have this on going kitchen project on avid, and i kinda always like to do a lasso when trimming, and then my director sees the four pictures on screen and says hey i like something like that, i want you to get something as clean as that.

what i have in mind is my pip effects on a four video layer but on the other hand i tried doing it but the record monitor is just too small to get them to be seen at the same time.

I dont know what to do bout tht.

how can i get this or something more creative with the pips?

thanks

Hpxw8200 Intel(R)xeon(tm) CPU 3.40GHz,2.00gb ram, Nvidia Quadro FX 1300 on windows service pack 2(c drive 149, 2 (232 GB) external drives) my raid drives... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 22 2008 12:05 AM In reply to

Re: Distorted picture

Final Cut?

HP z840, with dual E5-2634 v4 Xeon processors at 2.2ghz (10 cores each). 32GB ram. NVIDIA m4000 video card. EVO SAN with 96tb and raid 5 over Cat6. Artist... [view my complete system specs]

I think we need a few more digital HD formats

• Tue, Apr 22 2008 1:46 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,426
    • Points 97,495

Re: Distorted picture

How would FCP help?  You'd use exactly the same techniques for exactly the same end result.

Femi, PIP should do it for you, but when you say that the monitor is too small to show it, what do you mean?  You should be able to physically size the images so that you can fit four on the screen at once.

In fact since PIP defaults to 50% on startup it should be just a matter of positioning one video layer top left, one top right, one bottom left, and one bottom right.  If that's not what you're trying to do, please post back here with a more detailed explanation and we'll see what we can do to help.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller