Latest post Sat, Apr 5 2008 9:12 AM by luca.mg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 4 2008 9:42 AM

• Law_hen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Mother Boards

Hello,

I am planning to build my own system for doing DV Edits.

I need some thought over this mother board Intel DG33FBC (new) or Intel DQ965GF.

Kindly throw some light on this.

Regards

Lawrence

• Fri, Apr 4 2008 8:13 PM In reply to

• jasperfdo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 11 2006
    • Santa Monica
    • Posts 671
    • Points 8,845

Re: Mother Boards

No one but Avid could officially give you an okay that one board or the other will work, and they are not going to do that.  You are much safer purchasing a certified system.  If you don't want to buy HP, get a Dell workstation from their outlet area.

MacBook Pro Retina / El Capitan / 16GB RAM / G-Studio Drive System / Media Composer 8.6.x [view my complete system specs]

kyler boudreau | www.theatereleven.com

• Sat, Apr 5 2008 9:12 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,816
    • Points 68,255

Re: Mother Boards

Hi, dunno about those motherboards, but none of them seems to have the same chipset/architecture as the qualified boxes; moreover, they are (according to the Intel site) desktop mobos, not workstation. I did try an Intel workstation board with same chipset/expansion slots as the qualified HP xw4400 workstation, the Intel S975XBX2, but it would not start with more than two memory modules installed (a replacement board had the same problem), and I did not even tested it with Avid; so I took the risk and bought an Asus mobo (see my profile), and it works pretty well with Mojo and external storage. Good luck

Symphony 20.12, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller