Latest post Sat, Mar 29 2008 11:04 PM by Larry Rubin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 29 2008 9:33 PM

A few feature requests for the next update

1. A mod key to overide the way segment mode treats audio as stereo tracks. I.e. You currently can't grab a clip from 1+2 and move them to 2+3.

2. A mod key that allows you to take a copy of a transition effects that is on the end of the clip that you move, instead of leaving it behind. For instance if I have an audio clip with a audio dissolve in and out and I want to move it down a track I currently loose my dissolve and have to re-apply it.

3. A way to lock the heights of the tracks in the timeline. I keep clumsily grabbing the tracks by accident when I'm selecting multiole tracks lights. Just a setting to disable the mouse ability to adjust track height but keep the shortcut keys.

4. Please keep the effect icon that is applied to a clip visible on screen when part of the clip is still on screen, rather than keeping it positioned in the middle of a clip. I find I have to zoom out a lot just to see if the next clip has an effect applied.

5. Please. Please. A search funtion that allows you to find clip/seq names and show which bin it is in. Not a media tool search. Just a clip name from the .avb files even in offline projects.

6. MATCH FRAME FOR TITLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. A short cut way to trash all precomputes from current project accept ones used in the currently selected sequence. With a double WARNING!!! window.

8 A way to alter the project association of clips without having to consolidate.

That's it for now. Sorry for any redundancy.

Boxx Dual Xeon 3.06ghz Nvidia Quadro FX 3000 2Gig RAM Pyro 64 firewire Xpress Pro 5.7.5 Win Xp Pro sp2 Audigy Z2 Mojo [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 29 2008 11:04 PM In reply to

Re: A few feature requests for the next update

Regarding item 3: Changing track height USED to require CTRL + drag to activate it - now it automatically activates with a basic mouse over, causing unwanted height changes. I find this very annoying as well...we need to return to CTRL dragging for this function.

Regarding item 5: Check out this post for a good workaround for pre-compute matchbacks.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller