Latest post Tue, Mar 25 2008 12:41 PM by Pif. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 24 2008 4:27 PM

Where to list system specs

Where is the preferred location in my profile to list system specs? I thought there used to be a specific spot for this.

MC 7.0.2 iMac 4Ghz Intel Core i7 OSX 10.10.3, 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3, AMD radeon R9 M295X 4096MB, Retina 5k 27" + Dell 24", Flanders Scientific LM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 24 2008 5:47 PM In reply to

Re: Where to list system specs

Right now, my system configuration shows up under "interests". It seems like there's been an oversight on this issue after the web redesign. May I suggest that system administrators add a "configuration" tab to an individual's user profile to enhance this much needed feature.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Mar 24 2008 5:49 PM In reply to

Hi Guys,

I've asked Pif what the deal is with this.  When I hear something, I'll let you know.

adios,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 12:41 PM In reply to

• Pif
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid Tewksbury
    • Posts 202
    • Points 2,305

Hey, sorry for not responding faster.

The old 'system specs' bit of the profile was actually repurposed from the out-of-box 'interests' field. Since we went with out-of-the-box cs for the upgrade that title reverted. I am actively working on the new portfolio section, in which system specs will be specifcally labeled. For now, you can keep using the 'interests' field as we'll look to either import from there or re-label again.

While I can't guarantee the actual date for the next phase, I would expect that we'll have portfolios up and running mid to late April.

Mike Pifalo

Sr. Web Producer, Onling Mktg and User Experience

http://www.avid.com

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller