Latest post Wed, Mar 19 2008 10:13 PM by rfmeredith. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 19 2008 10:13 PM

XPressPro 5.8 to MC upgrade notes

In case anyone is interested I upgraded from AXP 5.8 to MC and after a few hours everything seems to be running smoothly.

For those who have not done this yet, but are about to... here are a few notes about my upgrade experience:

A dongle update is required. Don't miss the yellow card in the box with the instructions.

Be sure to uninstall XPress Pro before instaling MC. Doing this will not delete your settings, etc. folders which will remain in the XPress Pro folder.

The upgrade process did not automaticaly find my settings, attic and user folders. After I finished the install, I had to move them manually from my old XPress Pro folder into the new MC folder.

After I finished the installation, MC would not launch. I got a message that it could not find the CoreServices.dll file. A search on all forums turned up no useful info. Several threads referred to an Avid document stating that I should remove Avid DIO Runtime and reinstall it from the install disk. This had no effect. What finally worked was removing the Avid Core Runtime file and reinstaling that instead.

After that, things seem to be running smoothly. I've only had it running for 5 minutes, but it appears that all is well...

One more thing... I already had BCC 4 for XPress Pro. I thought that version would be incompatible with MC. But it works fine with MC.

MC 7.0.2 iMac 4Ghz Intel Core i7 OSX 10.10.3, 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3, AMD radeon R9 M295X 4096MB, Retina 5k 27" + Dell 24", Flanders Scientific LM... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller