Latest post Wed, Mar 19 2008 6:53 PM by catsmeow. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 17 2008 3:28 PM

• catsmeow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 17 2008
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

Runtime C++ Error at Closing

Has anyone else had the visual basic C++ Runtime error; application terminating in an unusual way? I've been running Avid on this same machine for over a year, and this started only recently, every time, when closing the program.  Since it only happens on closing it hasn't infringed on my ability to work on Avid - but like any other error (with that awful windows error sound), it scares me.  I have reinstalled the program and the error remains.

Avid Xpress DV 3.5 on Windows XP ; 2.66 GHZ; 512MB RAM
  • Wed, Mar 19 2008 6:42 PM In reply to

Re: Runtime C++ Error at Closing

Hi,

Based on this post along with your other posts outlining the trouble you're having, I'd suggest either looking for a recent automatic update of Windows XP or one of the components on your system, or just reinstalling WIndows XP altogether.

good luck,

Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Mar 19 2008 6:53 PM In reply to

• catsmeow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 17 2008
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

Re: Runtime C++ Error at Closing

Reinstalling windows seems to be the prevailing suggestion amongst those whom I've asked, so right now it's my best bet.  I will be sure to report on the result of reinstall.
    Thanks.

Avid Xpress DV 3.5 on Windows XP ; 2.66 GHZ; 512MB RAM
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller