Latest post Tue, Mar 18 2008 12:40 PM by Pieman. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 17 2008 2:27 PM

• Pieman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 148
    • Points 1,785

Mojo does not play some imported QTs or older projects

I have just acquired a secondhand mojo (CLK model) and am just testing it.

In  a new project under 5.8

Capture appears to be fine from a DSR40P connected via SVIDEO.

playabck of captureed footgae seems fine at DV420 and 1:1 off a macbook pro. monitored on mojo outputs and via DV to the DSR40

Problem:

I have just openbed an older project that is made up of an imported QT clip from Final Cut. The video is DV420 and plays fine in the timline but will not monitor on either mojo DV or Mojo analogue output.

Captured DV clips through mojo in this project will also not play out through the mojo.

Any thoughts?

In addition if I diconnect mojo and relaunch with dsr40 connected directly on firewire i can change "video display " menu to output via dv. everything works fine. connect the mojo again and with this project video output is grteyed out and only audio is possible over mojo. Picture is very,very grey, ghosty and distorted

regards

• Mon, Mar 17 2008 9:28 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Mojo does not play some imported QTs or older projects

Check to see if the button next to the audio meters says 1394 or DNA.  It needs to be set to DNA to enable the Mojo.  What is the resolution of the clips that won't play?

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Tue, Mar 18 2008 12:40 PM In reply to

• Pieman
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 148
    • Points 1,785

Re: Mojo does not play some imported QTs or older projects

I am afraid it doesn't matter whether its DNA or 1394

By making a new project and opening the bins in the new project I can get playback. So it is obviously a project setting. But there is nothing that seems obvious that I can change.

regards

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller