Latest post Fri, Aug 22 2008 5:40 PM by videohacker. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 9 2007 11:30 PM

Really Stuck, Crash on Export and in Sorensen

Check out my profile for my sys config...

Basically what happens, is when I try to export out a sequence as a quicktime, and I go under "format" to change the codec, as soon as the window pops up, Avid crashes.  I get an extremely long error message, which basically says Access_Violation.  I'll go and write down the numbers now, if you need them.

So, needing to just export out a file, period, and then compress it in Sorensen, I just use the default (so I can bypass the codec window which crashes everything)... So I then import that Animation codec'ed Quicktime into Sorensen, and as soon as it imports, Sorensen quits.  When I select "more info", it says it crashes due to Quicktime.

I've tried re-installing both Windows Media Player and Quicktime, AND Sorensen numerous times.

Right now I've got:

QT. 7.1.6

Windows Media Player 11

Sorensen 4.5.1

My sequence is HDV 720p-30p... It used to export fine, until I transfered everything over to this current sys config.

Intel Core Duo 2 3.0ghz 2gb DDR2 RAM Geforce 8500 GT (PNY) Sound Blaster X-Fi Running Avid Xpress Pro 5.7.2 and Studio Complete 5.7 (for Avid DVD... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 10 2007 1:40 AM In reply to

• AquaPix
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 16 2006
    • UK
    • Posts 447
    • Points 5,545

Re: Really Stuck, Crash on Export and in Sorensen

Your problem may be Windows Media Player 11. I believe you should run version 10. If you can't find it on the web you can download it from my website at http://www.aqua-pix.com/downloads.htm.

Maybe it would also help to upgrade Sorenson. You can download the newest Sorenson Squeeze 4.5.6 from their website at http://www.sorensonmedia.com/pages/?pageID=8.

MC3.0.5, QT7.4.5, Vista Business x64, Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3.4GHz, Asus P5K Mobo, 8GB RAM (OCZ Reaper @ 950MHz DDR II), GeForce 8800GTX (multithreading... [view my complete system specs]

Andy Lange www.aquapix.tv

• Fri, Aug 10 2007 2:48 AM In reply to

• Ragpicker
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 10 2007
    • Pune, India
    • Posts 16
    • Points 250

Hi,

I think its the QT version that is creating problems...

Roll back your current ver. and try with ver 7.1.3 or
    7.1.0 or even lower like 6.5.2

I don't know your Avid version, but QT 6.5.2 seems to be the safest bet.

You can downlaod this from http://oldversion.com/program.php?n=quicktime

Hope it helps...
    15" MacBook Pro AMC 4.0.5 on MacOSX 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) 2.66 Ghz Intel Core i7 || 4 GB RAM|| Nvidia GeForce GT330 M with 512MB VRam [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 10 2007 3:26 AM In reply to

• AquaPix
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 16 2006
    • UK
    • Posts 447
    • Points 5,545

Actually the QT version according to the Avid readme file for 5.7.2 is QT 7.1.6, so that should be fine. As I said try to roll back to Media Player version 10, as recommended.
    MC3.0.5, QT7.4.5, Vista Business x64, Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3.4GHz, Asus P5K Mobo, 8GB RAM (OCZ Reaper @ 950MHz DDR II), GeForce 8800GTX (multithreading... [view my complete system specs]

Andy Lange www.aquapix.tv

• Fri, Aug 10 2007 4:24 AM In reply to

Didn't do the trick.  I've tried 9.5, 10, and 11, and I still get the same issue.

Interestingly though, even when I just try to export out of Quicktime, it crashes...  I get a "video overrun" error.  Just in Quicktime.  I'm gonna go exchange my video card right now, just on a whim, and see if that does anything.

Intel Core Duo 2 3.0ghz 2gb DDR2 RAM Geforce 8500 GT (PNY) Sound Blaster X-Fi Running Avid Xpress Pro 5.7.2 and Studio Complete 5.7 (for Avid DVD... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 10 2007 4:38 AM In reply to

you could always try doing a complete recovery of your computer if nothing else works.  It worked for me.
    HP NW9440 Notebook 60 gig hardrive internal. 2 USB 300 GB external USB drives. Avid express pro 5.7.2 (just upgraded from 4.6)Quadro FX 1500M Intel Centino Duo. Deindows XP servi pack 2.Soreneson Squeeze 4.3. Ulead workshop 2. Quick Time Version 7.1.6
  • Fri, Aug 10 2007 6:06 AM In reply to

• video652
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Cincinnati, OH
    • Posts 525
    • Points 6,230

You don't state what core 2 duo you have. You are probably overclocked. Try going back to the cpu default and see if that works. I had the same problem until I reinstalled everything and now everything is okay. My work around before reinstalling everything was to put my E6600 back to the default speed.
    HP Zbook 17 G2. 16gigs of ram, Nvidia k4100m [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 10 2007 4:40 PM In reply to

badkarma9000:

My sequence is HDV 720p-30p... It used to export fine, until I transfered everything over to this current sys config.

Is the media transcoded to a DNX format? If not Avid may be having trouble trying to send out a your DVCPro HD sequence as a QT. Something else to look into that could help this out all together is the Raylight codec. It lets you export DVCPro HD material as a QT Ref. http://www.dvfilm.com/raylight/

Another thing you may want to try first, since it used to work, is trashing your settings and creating a new user. You can find out how to do that here. http://www.avid.com/onlineSupport/supportcontent.asp?contentID=10200
  • Fri, Aug 22 2008 12:29 PM In reply to

• videohacker
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 22 2008
    • Berlin
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

AVID Software is incapable for any export to file. Use FinalCut or other software. I have the same Problem with MC3.0 Adrenaline and MC3.0 Mojo on different sites. I will check the workaround with the mediaplayer downgrades ;-) I lose too much time with the AVID export function.

The big, wide world of Apple, AVID and Broadcasting. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 22 2008 3:09 PM In reply to

videohacker:
    AVID Software is incapable for any export to file. Use FinalCut or other software.

Hi Dirk,

Is there some reason you joined the Avid forums and resurrected a thread from a year ago aside from pimping FCP (like you did in your other thread)?

adios,
    Carl

Media Composer 2021.3 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Aug 22 2008 3:14 PM In reply to

Because FCP cures cancer. Duh!

And thread necromancy is kewl!

MC 2020.6, W10, MSI X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 64GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 22 2008 3:19 PM In reply to

Dom, you're my hero.  Cool

Media Composer 2021.3 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Aug 22 2008 5:33 PM In reply to

• videohacker
    • Not Ranked
    • Berlin
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

Thanks for notice. No kidding! Ich have the same issue that discuss in this thread and no satisfactory reply. The QT/WM Mediaplayer Rollback doesn't work.

I can't export QT with any compression, because i can't select the compression Settings in the QT Export dialog, exat at this moment the AVID app crashs. I have this issue on different sites. Only QT-ref Export works.

Can you help me? I think file im- and export with AVID is a verry exhausting experience.

The actual system at the first site: AVID MC 3.0 Mojo SDI, XW4600 2xdual core 3 GHz, QT 7.45 (AVID says on this website QT 7.45 works!)

The big, wide world of Apple, AVID and Broadcasting. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 22 2008 5:40 PM In reply to

• videohacker
    • Not Ranked
    • Berlin
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

I'm sorry resurrected a thread from a year ago [:'(]

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller