Latest post Mon, Jul 27 2020 10:01 PM by Andy Christen. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 5 2006 5:14 AM

• mgot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 26 2005
    • Posts 10
    • Points 140

copying edit points from one track to another?

Does anyone know how to do this (I saw this done but can't remember how the guy did it): copying edit marks onto another track (i.e., clip)?

[This was done when a colorist loaded my up-rezzed but
    un-color-corrected master (as one long clip) into a Symphony..... myempty sequence that showed all the cuts in it & clip names was on V1, his new long clip on V2. He somehow copied all those edit marks and laid them
    onto the source clip so he knew where the edit points were....] Made it a lot easier to color correct the uprezzed "clip."

Anyone know exactly how to do this?
  • Tue, Dec 5 2006 11:30 AM In reply to

Re: copying edit points from one track to another?

add a reformat effect to the single piece of video on v2. Using the track selectors make sure that the track with all the original edits is selected also. Then go into effects mode on the reformat effect and select:- actions - sub divide effect.

Then lassoo the track with the reformat effect on from left to right and hit delete removing the reformat effects but leaving your track broken up into edit points. Voila

YBD

• Tue, Dec 5 2006 1:40 PM In reply to

• mgot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 26 2005
    • Posts 10
    • Points 140

Terrific! Thanks so much.
  • Wed, Jan 21 2015 10:41 PM In reply to

• Alexey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • CBC-SRC Moscow
    • Posts 14
    • Points 215

I was looking for this trick for a few hours! THANK YOU!!! Finally found it!

• Mon, Jul 27 2020 10:01 PM In reply to

What a great tip, thank you so much. 

HP Z-8 | Xeon 2 x gold 5118 @ 2.3 GHz (12 cores)| 96 GB RAM | NVIDIA Quadro P4000 | Win 10 Pro 64 Bit | Blackmagic DNxIQ | MC 18.12 | Symphony Option ... [view my complete system specs]

Andy Christen

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller