Latest post Tue, Jan 28 2020 2:05 PM by Miguel. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 17 2006 12:23 AM

• Strider
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 1 2006
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,510

KEYING TOP LAYER ONLY

Hello, I am trying to keyframe the top layer of something but when I try to do this it also keys the layer below it even though I do not have it selected.

I basically have blue screen footage that I am trying to put over a moving background but as the background is moving I need the person filmed in blue screen to stay in the right place over the top of the other image but when I key it the whole thing moves which is very irritating.

I do not have the lower layer selected but for some reason it gets keyed too. I do have a seperate resize key on the lower layer if that makes any difference.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5130 @ 2.00GHz 2.00Ghz, 3.00GB of RAM [view my complete system specs]

STRIDER

• Fri, Nov 17 2006 3:27 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: KEYING TOP LAYER ONLY

I think what you are asking is how to move a keyed layer without moving the layer beneath it? If you are doing a Chroma key, you need to step into that layer and apply the 3d warp (or resize) inside the nest of the chroma key instead of on top. Step back out, go to effect mode and double clisk the chroma key effect. This opens the nest so that you can manipulate the 3D warp and see its effect on the Chroma Key.
    Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Fri, Nov 17 2006 5:55 PM In reply to

Like BLKDOG says, you need to use nested effects for these sorts of things....otherwise you will see some odd results when using several layers.
    Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Jan 28 2020 2:05 PM In reply to

• Miguel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 1 2012
    • Braga, Portugal
    • Posts 73
    • Points 770

Very handy solution BLKDOG. Yes

Thank you.

MC 8.8.5 | PT 11.3.1 | MacOS 10.12.6| iMac 21,5" - i7 - 3,1 GHz - 16 GB RAM - nVidia 650M 512 MB | Caldigit AV Drive 1 TB. [view my complete system specs]

Miguel

Media Composer editor, since 1997.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller