Latest post Sat, Jan 28 2023 6:41 AM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 27 2023 4:28 AM

• SydneyG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 31 2015
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Remove object in Avid

Hey I'm pretty new to avid and have a quick question. I need to remove an object in the background of an image and I've used the paint tool>clone to do so along with the tracker. The problem is the person in the foreground moves around and his arms end up overlapping onto where I've used the clone tool. Is there a way to move remove part of the effect at certain frames of the clip so his arms don't have the clone effect on it. (Hopefully this makes sense)

• Fri, Jan 27 2023 8:09 AM In reply to

Re: Remove object in Avid

I'd duplicate the shot without the effect on it and lay it on the video layer above. Then I'd use Animatte to matte out everything except for the person's arm for the portion of the shot where the clone effect is masking it on the layer below.

Media Composer 2024.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Jan 28 2023 1:58 AM In reply to

• SydneyG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 31 2015
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

That worked! Thanks for your help!

• Sat, Jan 28 2023 6:41 AM In reply to

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help!

Media Composer 2024.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller