Latest post Thu, May 19 2022 1:57 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 12 2022 10:54 PM

• ykt28403
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 22 2016
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 107
    • Points 1,240

User Settings on a NEXIS

When me & others are on the same NEXIS system, is there a way to have our User Settings so they're being updated on the NEXIS? Or are User Settings always local?

Media Composer 8.9.2Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6MacBook Pro 13-inch Early 20152.7 GHz Intel Core i58 GB 1867 MHz DDR3INtel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Thu, May 19 2022 1:44 PM In reply to

• Joseki
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 23 2010
    • Posts 35
    • Points 450

Re: User Settings on a NEXIS

The user settings are always local. But they can be automatically duplicated each time they are saved on a shared folder/partition, in the cloud (dropbox works flawlessly), even a USB stick.

Quite simple "setting" it up :)

1- From MC export your Settings to any location you want. Choose the shared Settings mode you want (load/save or load only) and voilà, from there MC will maintain two copies: one in the local Settings folder and the other in your designated folder (if you chose the load/save option)

2 - on the second machine you have to import the settings from your shared folder to get the mirroring pair of Settings running. 

that's it.

On many facilities they create a Settings partition on the nexis where all the editors can export their Settings and get them synchronised to whatever room they'll be editing...

Media composer 8.3.1 / Mojo Dx / Mac pro 4,1 / Mac OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 19 2022 1:57 PM In reply to

Re: User Settings on a NEXIS

Joseki:
    On many facilities they create a Settings partition on the nexis where all the editors can export their Settings and get them synchronised to whatever room they'll be editing...

Just remember NOT to mount that 'Users' workspace with an automatic drive letter but ONLY with an identical fixed letter on all editing systems or even better only as a UNC path so media composer can not see it as a location for media. When saving your settings go through my network places and browse the Nexis or directly type the UNC path. 

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller