Latest post Sun, Jul 25 2021 9:33 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 24 2021 8:14 PM

• nymills
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York City
    • Posts 347
    • Points 4,965

AMA plugin required

Frustrating! Audio is unlinking itself from the project and the only way to relink/reconnect is reimport and its now asking for the AMA plugin. Seems a bug issue. Never had this before.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Win10 64Bit, Media Composer Ultimate/SS/FF/Symphony 2021.6, Boris FX Suite HP ZBook 17 G6, 128GB Ram, RTX 5000, 250GB SSD System Drive, 1TB SSD... [view my complete system specs]

Michael Mills
    TeleStory Pictures
    www.telestorypictures.com
    "Some people see things and say,'Why?' I dream things that never were; and say,'Why not?'"

• Sun, Jul 25 2021 9:33 AM In reply to

Re: AMA plugin required

For Audio only media import is more robust than AMA link.

We never need to conform audio as we work with it at full quality.

If its Audio with video clips that different but I still prefer to transcode to Avid media for the audio.

I hate linked audio because if you lose the link and have to relink checking the media is the same is much harder than video.

Doesn't help in your case of course.

I'd try a new user setting and then afresh project to confirm audio linking is broken.

Then try reinstalling media Composer. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller