Latest post Wed, May 5 2021 3:48 PM by Dennis Mahoney. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 26 2021 7:08 PM

Can Placeholders created in a browser draged into iNews

I have a question, EVS in developing a web version of their thick client the generates place holders for iNeews. The problem they are having is, when they create the placeholders using chrome browser and the attempted to drag the created placeholder into iNews nothing happens. So my question, is there  a way to get this  to work?

• Wed, May 5 2021 3:48 PM In reply to

Re: Can Placeholders created in a browser draged into iNews

Hello, 

It sounds like you are trying to exchange MOS messages from EVS with Newsroom Management?  Did the thick client have an ActiveX MOS Plugin to communicate with iNEWS?  Via MOS Gateway? 

The need for a plugin does not change with EVS's switch to a Chrome Browser version of their client.  To support this workflow, you or EVS would need to develop an HTML5 Plugin via the Avid MediaCentral | Newsroom HTML5 Plugin API.  Please contact partners@avid.com to request access to this API.    

The plugin is then hosted within iNEWS Workstation using a wrapper that translates browser events to native drag and drop messages.

Just dragging over an MOS XML (as one can do in the Rundown app) is not supported in the iNEWS Workstation.

Downstream processing did not change, so if a MOS Gateway was needed with the Active X plugin it is the same with an HTML5 plugin.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Dennis

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller