Latest post Tue, Apr 6 2021 2:36 PM by Philip Kapadia. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 6 2021 12:00 PM

Audio punch in with 8 channel audio interface issue...

Hi all, Just testing my 8 channel zoom r16 audio interface with the audio punch in tool and i'm having a few issues...

In the audio punch in tool, my only input option is the 'windows mixer.' When selected, media composer records the first two audio channels from the audio interface and there's no option to select/arm the other 6 channels on my mixer. I need all 8 channels for this recording. 

Have a look at these screenshots: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IPqR5upxsUNqgBXhgz1Lm1x9YsbnUjNc?usp=sharing

In other DAW's like pro tools or audition, I'm able to select all 8 of my channels from my audio interface.

I have AISO4all and the zoom r16 drivers installed, would recording 8 channels from a zoom r16 interface be possible in media composer or am I doing something wrong? I have a funny feeling its a driver thing. 

Thank you in advance

https://philipkapadia.com/my-equipment [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 6 2021 1:42 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,921
    • Points 70,115

Re: Audio punch in with 8 channel audio interface issue...

Hi Philip, the audio punch in tool was born to record voiceover off the MIC input of the old Adrenaline I/O box, don't know if it can go beyond two channels of audio. As a workaround You can fake a tape capture: with the capture tool You should be able to use all the available audio channels. In the capture tool first click on the VTR icon to switch to capture from a not remotable device, assign a bogus tape name, and see if You can do what You want to do.

Symphony 21.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Tue, Apr 6 2021 2:08 PM In reply to

luca.mg:

Hi Philip, the audio punch in tool was born to record voiceover off the MIC input of the old Adrenaline I/O box, don't know if it can go beyond two channels of audio. As a workaround You can fake a tape capture: with the capture tool You should be able to use all the available audio channels. In the capture tool first click on the VTR icon to switch to capture from a not remotable device, assign a bogus tape name, and see if You can do what You want to do.

Hi, I'll try that and get back to you thank you.

Such a shame though. My work flow would be amazing if this was possible in media composer with punch in

• Tue, Apr 6 2021 2:28 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,921
    • Points 70,115

The audio punch in tool records to a given track in the timeline, on each take it goes to the next track. With eight inputs at once You'll end up with an unmanageable timeline in a matter of a few takes. I believe You won't miss it!

Symphony 21.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Tue, Apr 6 2021 2:36 PM In reply to

luca.mg:

The audio punch in tool records to a given track in the timeline, on each take it goes to the next track. With eight inputs at once You'll end up with an unmanageable timeline in a matter of a few takes. I believe You won't miss it!

I'd just adjust my in and out marks on each take. I'd like to record something with 8 mics similar to how I do it in pro tools, but in media composer because it's better for my work flow. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller