Latest post Fri, Jan 15 2021 9:29 AM by MikeyB. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 14 2021 3:09 AM

Unable to move/adjust Audio Keyframe

Hi,

Suddenly I'm unable to adjust audio keyframes in my timeline.  I can create a keyframe, I can't move it up/down or left/right (by clicking ALT). The arrow doesn't change to the hand/pointer finger when I hover or attempt to click keyframe.

I'm running Avid MC 2020.5 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.  This is a MacPro (trashcan) (2014 model).  I have deleted site settings, uninstalled and re-installed MC.  I've created new user settings and deleted (projectname)settings.xml in project folder.  I also tried to a different project but alas, I had no success.

Incidentally, I can adjust/move keyframes on my iMac(2015 model) at home, running the same version of Avid MC 2020.5 on same OS - Mojave 10.14.6.

All of this is being done within the same project, I just move from my office to my home to work at night.

I'm at a loss, any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Thu, Jan 14 2021 9:17 AM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 594
    • Points 7,435
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Re: Unable to move/adjust Audio Keyframe

You probably turned off the Keyframe Manipulation tool. Scan across the Timeline toolbar and you'll find it. It should really be hidden away somewhere where it won't get clicked by accident!

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 14 2021 5:35 PM In reply to

Thanks MikeyB- that did the trick.  I don't have my tools enabled on my timeline so odd that it turned off.  Went to command palette and got it sorted.  Thanks again!

• Fri, Jan 15 2021 9:29 AM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 594
    • Points 7,435
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

It's probably not you - I'm convinced that it spontaneously turns itself off every now and then, so you do need access to it somehow.

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller