Latest post Sat, Dec 19 2020 7:54 PM by tomsid215. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 19 2020 1:19 AM

• tomsid215
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 19 2020
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

License renewal Not Successful: The activation server could not be reached.

HHey everybody, I am trying to get my Media Composer Ultimate working after not using it for a few months due to classes about different NLE's. I tried to open MC Ultimate yesterday and the dialog to open with Avid Link kept on popping up. Recently, an error message popped up saying this. 

Is anybody else having issues accessing Media Composer Ultimate right now? Does anybody have a possible solution? I have reached out to online support but there were no available reps. 

AMD Ryzen 1700x Nvidia RTX 2070 Super Corsair LPX 64GB 3000mhz [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 19 2020 2:32 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,418
    • Points 26,660
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: License renewal Not Successful: The activation server could not be reached.

Hi tomsid215,

I checked your Avid master account I can see that the license is already renewed next payment is on January so I assumed that December payment went thru? send me an email if you're still having activation email.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 19 2020 4:11 PM In reply to

• tomsid215
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Hello Ralph,

I am still having the same issue. I know that my MC Ultimate plan is paid for still but it seems that after I downloaded the latest update a few months ago, my AVID Link was no longer able to reach the license server. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both MC Ultimate and Avid Link. The Same Problem still persists. Do you know is anybody is having issues with Avid Link? 

My Pro Tools subscription seems to be working fine but that is probably because its on an iLok. Is there a way I can put Media Composer Ultimate onto that iLok as well? Or is that only for Pro Tools? 

Thank You,

Tom

AMD Ryzen 1700x Nvidia RTX 2070 Super Corsair LPX 64GB 3000mhz [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 19 2020 6:25 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,418
    • Points 26,660
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Tom,

No, the MC license is not for iLok. I manually deactivated the license from the server, can you try to log out of Avid link and then log back in then try to activate.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 19 2020 7:54 PM In reply to

• tomsid215
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

It's working now! Thank you very much, Ralph!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller