Latest post Mon, Aug 10 2020 11:47 PM by sivanxyz. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 10 2020 2:55 PM

• sivanxyz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 6 2020
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Is it me? or do all Link issues being solved in private emails?

This forum is not very informative for the public reader. Is that on purpose? 

Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Aug 10 2020 6:26 PM In reply to

Re: Is it me? or do all Link issues being solved in private emails?

I would guess (but I do not know for sure) there's not a lot of troubleshooting steps posted here because Avid would rather not have instructions for how to solve activation problems plastered all over the forum, as people who are less honest than all of us might use them to try and figure out how to use the software without paying for it.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Aug 10 2020 9:34 PM In reply to

Also 9 times out of 10 it requires the user providing a system ID (which you should never publicly post) and for Avid to verify and reset that Sys ID. So it makes sense that this happens off-forum.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 10 2020 11:47 PM In reply to

• sivanxyz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 6 2020
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Well that makes sense. Thank you for your replies.

Still I wish there would be a big sticky banner declaring this limitation of the forum, and clarifying that the issue is not my searching skills. Would save me some time. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller