Latest post Tue, Aug 4 2020 6:49 PM by Job ter Burg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 3 2020 5:58 PM

• nymills
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York City
    • Posts 332
    • Points 4,695

ScriptSync Question

Any Script Sync Pros out there? We have separate audio and video files from filming. We need to sync those for editing and are doing so using a sequence file. SS won't allow sequence to connect with the script files because they're probably anticipating using clips. Any best practices for doing this? 

Thanks!

Win10 64Bit, Media Composer Ultimate/SS/FF/Symphony 2020.8, BCC Continuim, MochaPro, HP ZBook 17 G6, 128GB Ram, RTX 5000, 250GB SSD System Drive... [view my complete system specs]

Michael Mills
    TeleStory Pictures
    www.telestorypictures.com
    "Some people see things and say,'Why?' I dream things that never were; and say,'Why not?'"

• Mon, Aug 3 2020 7:16 PM In reply to

Re: ScriptSync Question

After syncing in a sequence, break out each individual take into a subsequence (make sure there are no cuts in these subsequences, just one piece of video and accompanying audio), name them as desired (scene/shot/take), then select all of them and hit Bin->AutoSync. This will turn all these subsequences into sync clips, which are sort of sequences that act like subclips. Those you can sync in ScriptSync. You can also MatchFrame to them from a sequence, like you can with clips and subclips. MC will correctly track the separate audio and video source timecodes.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 4 2020 6:16 PM In reply to

• nymills
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York City
    • Posts 332
    • Points 4,695

Job ter Burg - this was perfect! It helped get things lined up and using SS/FF successfully. Thank you!

Win10 64Bit, Media Composer Ultimate/SS/FF/Symphony 2020.8, BCC Continuim, MochaPro, HP ZBook 17 G6, 128GB Ram, RTX 5000, 250GB SSD System Drive... [view my complete system specs]

Michael Mills
    TeleStory Pictures
    www.telestorypictures.com
    "Some people see things and say,'Why?' I dream things that never were; and say,'Why not?'"

• Tue, Aug 4 2020 6:49 PM In reply to

Awesome. Happy editing!

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller