Latest post Wed, Jul 22 2020 7:22 PM by jef. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 22 2020 9:02 AM

NDI -SDI -Audio Delay

Hi there

When we stream NDI we find the desktop audio and NDI  is out of sync by 4 or 5 frames. We can fix this with Desktop Play delay but that's not an ideal solution. Do others find that NDI causes everything to be out of Sync? This is reproducable on a few systems. 2018.12.X

We thought as an alternative we'd use an external box to make the NDI stream from SDI and that has the advantage of being able to do interlaced NDI.... But there seems to be no way then to have the PC audio output as well as SDI..

Our goal is to stream client monitor pictures to some people and have someone else remote desktoping the actual Avid PC

NIge

25 MC 8.5 x Mostly PC Terrablock ISIS 1000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 22 2020 7:22 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,722
    • Points 44,665

Re: NDI -SDI -Audio Delay

nigelgourley:

Our goal is to stream client monitor pictures to some people and have someone else remote desktoping the actual Avid PC

Man, you are aiming HIGH!!  I can not get a remote desktop setup that gives a)good quality audio b) in sync with picture (which is dropping frames anyway).

We are using a BlackMagic ATEM to stream to clients.  A bit of a setup nightmare but it works pretty well.  The one test where I tried to edit remotely AND stream to client was very dissapointing.  Would not try it with a real client.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.12.9|OS 10.14.x - iMac Pro 2019 - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller