Latest post Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:31 AM by luca.mg. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 20 2020 3:11 AM

• Zhenya
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 15 2020
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Error when attempting to export a QT movie with the 'Same as Source' option

I have a timeline that I am trying to export but I keep getting the same error message. In the export settings window I select 'Quicktime Movie' and 'Same as Source' but everytime I go to save it, a window with the following error appears:

"Video mixdown aborted because the specified video resolution is not compatible with the current project format. Please check the format setting in the project window, or the video resolution in your export settings". 

This is strange to me because my project format is set to 1080p/23.976 and all my footage is also 1080p/23.976, and no matter what I try I can't seem to find a solution. All of my footage is imported DNxHR 444 (1920x1080) (except for one DNxHD 444 vfx shot that I have linked to). There are some mixed frame rate clips that I have set to playback at the 'Project's FPS (23.976)' in the Source Settings, although I would assume the frame rate isnt the issue. Anyways I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what could be happening here? If it helps, I am using Avid 2020.6. Thanks!

• Mon, Jul 20 2020 5:09 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,713
    • Points 66,985

Re: Error when attempting to export a QT movie with the 'Same as Source' option

Hi Zhenia and welcome to the forums

Zhenya:
    All of my footage is imported DNxHR 444 (1920x1080) (except for one DNxHD 444 vfx shot that I have linked to).

You can't export a sequence with linked clips, try to consolidate or transcode the VFX shot before export. Weird error message anyway.

Symphony 20.06, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Mon, Jul 20 2020 8:40 PM In reply to

• Zhenya
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

So it seems like I've found a solution. I had a filler with a 3D warp effect on it (in order to crop the frame and feather the edges) and the export works fine when I render the effect (disabling the effect entirely works too).

On a slightly unrelated note, is there a specific codec that you can suggest transcoding a sequence to that would lead to the least quality loss? I'm quite new to Avid and am still getting accustomed to its functions so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I assume if you can only export a sequence with consolidated/transcoded media there would be some non-proxy codecs that are better suited for exporting...

• Mon, Jul 20 2020 9:13 PM In reply to

Zhenya:
    is there a specific codec that you can suggest transcoding a sequence to that would lead to the least quality loss?

What is your goal? I mean, is it for the internet, phones, broadcast, theatrical distribution?

What did you film on? A phone? Consumer camera? Broadcast TV camera? Film camera?

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Jul 20 2020 10:28 PM In reply to

• Zhenya
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Lets say it's 4K R3D Red Dragon footage captured for a music video that is meant for web.

• Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:31 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,713
    • Points 66,985

I'd stick to the codec that You used for the rest of the footage.

Symphony 20.06, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller