Latest post Fri, Jul 17 2020 4:07 PM by Dennis Mahoney. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 17 2020 2:07 PM

multi segment aaf essenceinfo extraction crash

If I try to run the example EssenceInfoExtractor with an aaf file that contains references to sequence that conatins multiple clips, it crashes saying my aaf file has too many segments.

MediaProcessor.Demos.exe 2 AMA C:\\AAF_EXPORT_EXAMPLES\\BROLL.aaf C:\\test_files

Exiting with exception: ..\..\MediaProcessor\src\MediaProcessor\AAF\AAFAssetInfoExtractor.cpp, 496: (segmentsCount < 4): Wrong track layout. Maximum 3 segments supported being 2 of them Fillers (start and end) and a srcClip

version

AMT3 mediaprocessor-win-vc12-x64-4.4.18.10034

It seems to work well for me as long as I use an aaf that has only one segment. 

Im wondering if this means I am forced to use ipws.getSegmentsFromComposition to get info about sequences that refer to multiple clip segments?

• Fri, Jul 17 2020 4:07 PM In reply to

Re: multi segment aaf essenceinfo extraction crash

Hi Jeff,

AMT does not have support for sequences, only clips. from the AMT3 Functions Guide: 

"1 Note that Media Processor AMT3 functionality is limited to master clips. AMT3 does not expose support for higher complexity objects such as shot lists or compositions (sequences)."

I hope this helps.

Best,

Dennis

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller