Latest post Tue, Jun 30 2020 7:22 PM by Marty. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 30 2020 7:22 PM

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 943
    • Points 11,035

Frame View - Don't change thumbnail of Group Clip

I'm editing a feature film, everything is shot with 2 cameras. 

I like to see everything in Frame View, I only use the Group Clips not the subclips. To see camera A + B, I have a duplicate of the Group Clip but switched the camera. When my assistant prepares everything, it looks great. I can see everything what I have and treat the Group Clips as if these where seperate takes.

But as I'm working, I'm switching the camera from time to time (e.g. when working in Script mode). And then the thumbnail of the Group Clip changes to the new camera. I think this should be avoid, so when I'm selecting a thumbnail in Frame view it should stay with that thumbnail the whole time.

I know, there are other ways of organizing the clips, for example using only the first subclip from Cam A+B as a picture reference and then all the Group Clips in a row but this way I don't really see whats in all the different clips. And If I'm using the subclips and Group Clips, the Bin will get too big and I have to scroll. 

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 2018.2, OSX 10.12.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller