Latest post Sat, Jun 27 2020 2:23 PM by Marianna. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 26 2020 11:33 PM

• WGilbert
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 16 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

New Install won't open

When I click to open Media Composer it says "This software was released past your contract expiration date (1/14/2019).  Please go to Avid Support Website for more details".  I go to Avid Support and then I have no idea what to do next.  Media Composer won't open for me.

Filed under:
  • Sat, Jun 27 2020 5:22 AM In reply to

Re: New Install won't open

If you go to your My Avid page (https://my.avid.com/account) and click on My Products and Subscriptions, and then click on Media Composer Software Standard Support, what is the expiration date of your support plan?

Which specific version number of Media Composer are you trying to open?

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Jun 27 2020 2:23 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,323
    • Points 232,550
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: New Install won't open

WGilbert

Once every 365 days you need to "phone home" and deactivate then immediately activate the license so all the internal pieces sync up after a renewal.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller