Latest post Fri, Jul 3 2020 8:27 AM by firebladedemon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 25 2020 11:20 AM

Artist transport shift problem

Hi,

I haven't used my transport for a few months and now have a new mac so I thought I'd get it going again with media composer.

Downloaded and installed the latest driver and popped my archived settings on.

I've discovered that the shift key now has to be held down to access the commands mapped.  Previously one press would drop it into shift mode with the key illuminated.  Think of it like the difference between shift and caps lock on a regular keyboard.

I'd like it to lock in shift mode again.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

I should say I'm running Mac 10.14.6, Eucon 20.6, MC 2020.6

• Fri, Jun 26 2020 11:10 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 697
    • Points 8,750

Re: Artist transport shift problem

You could try going back to an earlier version of Eucon.

I did hear of problems with some of the newer versions of this software with users of Artist Color and Transport.

I believe most (if not all) of the changes in version 20.x were really to address issues in the Audio controllers, such as the S3.

I haven't read the readme's fully, but there didn't seem to be anything pertaining to the Artist Transport or Artist Color (which I still use).

It's also possible that your archived settings are causing problems with the new software as I guess these were created with earlier versions of Eucon. You could try rebuilding them as a first option.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 26 2020 4:05 PM In reply to

• gorky
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 16 2005
    • Posts 153
    • Points 1,875

You must switch on Latching Shift in Eucontrol setting in tab Preferences .

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), 2,4 GHz Intel Core i9,32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb, OSX 10.15.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 3 2020 8:27 AM In reply to

Thank you that worked :-)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller