Latest post Mon, Jun 29 2020 7:12 PM by Pat Horridge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 23 2020 6:44 PM

• cda
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 26 2015
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

force AMA cache update for linked file

hi Marianna,

I discussed this separately with Dennis, but here is our question in more detail:

We need a method to force update the AMA cache for linked files so that changes to the essence are reflected in MC timeline, but cannot find any such method in the SDK.

At the moment, if eg my_file.mxf  (op1a) is linked and in the timeline and I make an essence insert to it, the audio and video shown in the timeline is still the original cached data. 

Even re-linking the file does not fix this as it seems AMA views the metadata only and does not recognize a data change unless the UUID is changed, at which point it treats the asset as new and extracts new cached info.  Obviously changing the UUIDs at every update is not viable.

Obviously this issue was resolved for Avid's own insert function for XAVC etc, so any help appreciated.

thanks

• Mon, Jun 29 2020 6:31 PM In reply to

• JCBond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 11 2006
    • Van Nuys CA, USA
    • Posts 111
    • Points 1,175

Re: force AMA cache update for linked file

I don't believe this to be a Link issue (AMA) as Link does not have a cache. This could be an issue with the FRAME CACHE. There is already a manual way to clear the frame cache, under SETTINGS > SITE > MEDIA CACHE > VIDEO MEMORY

System 1: Symphony Nitris DX - HP xw8600 8xCores - Windows 7 SP1 64 bit. System 2: Symphony Nitris DX - HP xw8600 8xCores - Windows 7 SP1 64 bit. System... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 29 2020 7:12 PM In reply to

Re: force AMA cache update for linked file

And remeber to clear the composer display if it shows that AMA content.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller