Latest post Fri, Jun 5 2020 7:28 AM by campebejo. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 4 2020 11:40 AM

• campebejo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 20 2018
    • Sweden
    • Posts 47
    • Points 490

changing the 5.1 audio format after clip has been cut into a sequence?

Hi,

I'm editing a showreel and using 5.1 stems for the many different productions.

I'm just after noticing that some of the 5.1 files I cut into my stringout sequences have the dialogue on channel 2 (i.e. are in the ProTools 5.1 format) and some of them have the dialogiue on channel 3 (i.e are in the SMPTE 5.1 format).

I can use 'modify clip' to change all the source audio to one matching format (e.g. ProTools), and while this updates the channel order for the source file, it doesn't do so for the clips that have already been editd into the sequence.

Is there any way to get the clips already cut into the sequence to update their channel order? (The reason this is an issue is because I have hundreds of selected clips in various different timelines, so rebuilding the select reels isn't an option. I've just swtiuched editing location and it's only then that I became aware of the issue. I think my previous location/hardware had be outputting everything in stereo, maybe that's why I'm only noticing the issue now....)

Thanks,

JC

MacPro (Rack, 2019), 3,2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W, 96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
    MacOS Caatalina v.10.15.4, 
    Media Composer 2020.5.0

• Thu, Jun 4 2020 1:12 PM In reply to

Re: changing the 5.1 audio format after clip has been cut into a sequence?

I tried, but it appears that doesn't work... Would be something you would hope to be able to include in a Refresh Sequence.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 4 2020 8:02 PM In reply to

I've passed this on.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 5 2020 7:28 AM In reply to

• campebejo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 20 2018
    • Sweden
    • Posts 47
    • Points 490

Job ter Burg:

I've passed this on.

Thanks a lot, Job.

In the end I just used 'match frame' on each of the audio clips in the timeline and the re-cut in the source material that had been corrected. It actually didn't take as long as I thought (an hour or two of robotic action!). But yes, this would be something that would be great to have included in 'Refresh Sequence...'! 

JC

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller