Latest post Thu, Jun 4 2020 9:09 AM by Derek young. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 29 2020 2:36 PM

Title Tool transparency in V2020.5 is changed

Has the Title Tool changed behavior radically?  I chose to use the traditional tool because the Titler+ seems troublesome the last time I tried it and these were just easy titles.  I made a rectangle backer with text on top. Saved the normal way. Added to a track, just like I've been doing for dacades.

The titles do not appear in the Source window on frame 1 and do a fade-in as you progress to frame 1:59:21 - the last frame.  Selecting the inpoint on the source sets the transparancy of the title on the timeline.

This isn't how it used to be.  It tool me a while to figure it out.  I don't care for it.

My home system: Home built: Asus F2 A85-M Pro motherboard; AMD A10-5800K APU; 32G RAM; Windows 10 Pro; NVidia GeForce GTX 1050. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 29 2020 3:22 PM In reply to

Re: Title Tool transparency in V2020.5 is changed

Rick Pitchford:
    Has the Title Tool changed behavior radically?

2020.5 is just bug fixes. Are you using Media Composer First?

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, May 29 2020 4:42 PM In reply to

Yes.  This is my home system. 

At work, we're still on 2018.12 or so of the full MC, but it doesn't work like this.  And First didn't do this the last time I used the Title Tool.

My home system: Home built: Asus F2 A85-M Pro motherboard; AMD A10-5800K APU; 32G RAM; Windows 10 Pro; NVidia GeForce GTX 1050. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 29 2020 6:53 PM In reply to

Rick Pitchford:

Yes.  This is my home system. 

At work, we're still on 2018.12 or so of the full MC, but it doesn't work like this.  And First didn't do this the last time I used the Title Tool.

Ah, sorry, I wanted to make sure what product we were talking about. I don't have a first machine to test with, but I can confirm that nothing about the title tool has changed on the full version of MC 2020.5.

Rick Pitchford:
    The titles do not appear in the Source window on frame 1 and do a fade-in as you progress to frame 1:59:21 - the last frame.  Selecting the inpoint on the source sets the transparancy of the title on the timeline.

I don't understand. How does the in point of the source have any effect on the title in the sequence?

At any rate, whenever weird stuff happens a good first step is trying a new user setting on a new project. That's what I'd do first.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, May 29 2020 11:15 PM In reply to

• TaT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 61
    • Points 755

Yes, I confirm the Title Tool bug in MC 2020.5 Windows version...

It create proper 2 minutes title clip but with foreground level set to 0 at start.

At the end keyframe level is 100.

So temporary solution is to go to Effect Editor and delete first keyframe or set it to 100.

Apple Mac Pro 2019, Intel Xeon W 3.2GHz 16 core, 192GB RAM, Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, Avid MC 2020.6, OS 10.15.6 *** PC X99 mobo i7-5960X 8 core 4.3GHz... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 4 2020 9:09 AM In reply to

• Derek young
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 26 2011
    • Oxfordshire UK
    • Posts 20
    • Points 230
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

It must be a bug as I have been using title tool since the early 90's. At the moment I find the solution is, having saved the title, the feint image appears in the source monitor, mak an in point where you can see the feint image, and edit across. Open effect mode and raise the level setting to 100. If you have to edit the title/caption, enter effect mode, edit via the usual way and exit. All is fine as it used to be.

i use title tool mostly for programme id's and name supers/credits as I find it simple and less complicated as the others. Even in effect mode and promoting it to 3D the title can be manipulated through a flat plane. 

Hopefully the the next upgrade will put it all right!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller