Latest post Thu, May 21 2020 11:10 PM by brian. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 19 2020 4:58 PM

• Ben F
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles, CA USA
    • Posts 8
    • Points 90

AAF Export is PAINFULLY slow

Hi All,

I am running 2019.12 and when I export an aaf to send over to Resolve a 100MB aaf takes like 20 minutes to export.  If it is a very simple sequunece it is pretty fast.

This was not an issue on the 2018 version I was running and is literally killing me.  What good is tabbing bins, etc. if I can't make an aaf in a reasonable amount of time.

This is a 23.98 video sequence and a linked aaf.  No media is linked to this at the time of export.

Any tips?

Thank you,

HP Z840, Media Composer 2019.12 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , ,
  • Wed, May 20 2020 10:26 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 679
    • Points 8,520

Re: AAF Export is PAINFULLY slow

This doesn't sound right.

Steps I would try....

Try exporting to a different drive - avoid slow drives like USB sticks.

Create a new (default) user profile - in case your one is corrupted.

Start a new project and bring this timeline into the project and try the AAF export.

Cut the timeline into two separate parts and try exporting each one - in case a corrupt clip is causing the problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by ..."This is a 23.98 video sequence and a linked aaf.  No media is linked to this at the time of export". Do you mean that this is a linked AAF export, but none of the media (in any of the bins) is online at the time of exporting?

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 21 2020 11:10 PM In reply to

• brian
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Vancouver BC
    • Posts 65
    • Points 695

Re: AAF Export is PAINFULLY slow

Is the linked media local or on a network? Network AAF"s can kill you if they're not local. I assume you are now embedding the media... if so, have you consolidated it?

Avid 2019.9 Intel Xeon CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz (2 processors) 32.0 GB RAM 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor Windows 10 Enterprise... [view my complete system specs]

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller