Latest post Sat, May 9 2020 5:00 PM by ripvanmarlowe. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 9 2020 1:34 AM

Manipulate handles in effects mode when zoomed in...

When working in effects mode and zoomed in to the canvas, is there a way to use the hand tool to move the edge of the frame over so that you can see the baclkground?

If I have a shape at the edge of the frame that has handles which are outside the video frame, I seem to have to zoom out to 75% in order to adjust those handles. Not great for fine detail work. I just want to scootch the frame over and adjust.  Please see attached images for a clearer idea of what I mean. Hope this meakes sense. Sorry they are so massive but this forum seriously needs to update the way you attach media. Quite a nice metaphor for some of Avid's products to be honest...

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2018.12.11 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 9 2020 5:14 AM In reply to

Re: Manipulate handles in effects mode when zoomed in...

Hi Andi, I tried it out, with Animatte. I see the problem, as you described. All I got is to try using Offset Tracking, which may allow you to nudge the whole shape. I have only toyed with that feature of Tracking, but I was able to move the shape when the Composer monitor was zoomed in. Hope that helps as a workaround.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 9 2020 5:00 PM In reply to

Re: Manipulate handles in effects mode when zoomed in...

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was hoping there would be some modifier I was missing but I guess not.  It really should work more like the way Photoshop handles it by just continuing to move the frame.

I'd like to see the viewers be more dynamic like that rather than so fixed as they always have been. It would be much quicker to zoom in and move around by simply dragging the monitor rather than having to add a resize or 3D Warp or Paint effect - direct manipulation from the viewer and maybe an adjustment slider under the window.  

Oh well, thanks!

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2018.12.11 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller