Latest post Tue, May 5 2020 8:30 AM by ABCfeld. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 5 2020 7:57 AM

• ABCfeld
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 16 2020
    • Posts 8
    • Points 55

How to roundtrip AVID to Adobe AE?

Dear community,

I'm not sure if the title of this post fits my question.

I need to export several multi layered clips in their original quality or at least best quality possible from my AMA linked sequence for my graphic designer. He wants to work with Adobe Aftereffects and asked me to export sth similiar to DNxHD MXF OP1a - DNX HQ 1080p 25 (that's what he would use to export from Premiere).

I'm an absolute Avid beginner so please excuse the following dumb questions, but:

Do I have to consolidate everything before exporting?

What's equal in Avid to the export settings my graphic person recommended based on Premiere? I found MXF OP1a and MXF OP1a (Legacy), but then I'm not seeing through anymore.

The thing is that I'm using a mix of clips shot with an FS5, screenvideos recorded with Apower Rec, titles and sometimes JPGs. They pile up in my timeline, this is why I wrote "multi layered". I'm using the effect picture-in-picture on them.

So, how to hand this mess over tho my graphic person? He'll return clips again for the mastering etc.

THANKS in advance for any reply. So lost here.

Some info on my system: Win 10, Media Composer 2019.12, NVIDIA Quadro K2100M, 16GB RAM

• Tue, May 5 2020 8:30 AM In reply to

• ABCfeld
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 16 2020
    • Posts 8
    • Points 55

Re: How to roundtrip AVID to Adobe AE?

I just found this list

Approximate ProRes equivalents

All codec bitrates are calculated at 1080p 23.98 fps.

ProRes Proxy - DNxHD 36
    ProRes LT - DNxHD 80
    ProRes 422 - DNxHD 115
    ProRes HQ - DNxHD 175x
    ProRes 4444 - DNxHD 440x (444) (although ProRes 444 is actually closer in bandwidth to DNxHD 220)

Source: https://www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/posts/avid_codec_guide

My project is in 25 fps but this should be nevertheless applicable?

I consolidated parts of my sequence now and exported it DNxHD 444 365X.

It looks alright but does it sound all right to you?

EDIT: There this other info saying that "ProRes 422HQ and DNxHD 175X, 185X, 220X are directly comparable as they are all 10-bit 422 codecs with a very similar bitrate." I only have 185X in my export drop down menu to chose. Better use this one...?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller