Latest post Wed, Jun 17 2020 8:27 PM by Vilem. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 2 2020 8:07 PM

Re the new MOV UME export option

The new MOV export option is a great step forwards but its worth noting its not completely featured yet and one of the additions to come is the option to scale the output levels.

Currently every thing exported via the UME MOV is legal levels so no mapping is done.

If you are doing a H.264 export (for playback or web upload) 

You may want to add a legal to full levels LUT to an empty upper video track of your sequence before export.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Sun, May 3 2020 8:08 AM In reply to

Re: Re the new MOV UME export option

Hi Pat,

It does seem to me that the resulting file 'knows' that it is in Rec709-legal. And for instance, when uploading it to Vimeo, it does appear correct, without me 'correcting' to full range beforehand.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, May 3 2020 9:13 AM In reply to

Yes and some players seem to work that out as well. 

So it may not be needed. But if you do need to ensure you have full range then there is a way.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Sat, Jun 13 2020 4:33 PM In reply to

I have been having some memory issues when exporting a direct out master to ProRes (windows box)

pops up a "Out of Memory" error flag.

Program is a bit long (1 hour 20 mins) but I think the hangup is the audio.  If i do a stereo output, it will go through, but i can't get the direct out version - 5.1 surround plus described video, so 8 channels- to make it all the way through the program.  It seems to error out at different points of the program as well.  My outputs have ranged from 30 mins to 65 mins before it errored out.

Client needed prores, so my only solution was to jump to mac and output it there. (same box...hackintosh partition)

For shorter shows, it seems to work fine.  I keeping wanting to experiment to see if there is a length that will consistantly output.

Current Avid-Z390 dual boot Win 10/Hackintosh Intel i9 64gig ram Radeon VII MC 8.10 - Win 10 64 Gig Ram Nvidia 1070 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 17 2020 8:27 PM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,418
    • Points 15,605

I had several crashes in the export of MOV h264.

So far, according to my findings, it looks like a problem rendering the wav in the sound.

If wav rendering is turned off, it doesn't crash.

V.

AVID MC2020.06, HP Z620 - 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620, Quadro P2000 - driver 441.28, RAM 48GB - DDR3, BM Intensity Pro 4k - 10.11, W10 - 64bit Professional... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller