Latest post Tue, May 12 2020 5:03 AM by jimdog. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 1 2020 10:35 PM

• jimdog
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 28 2018
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

PMM_MISMATCH_AUDIO

I recently upgraded my Mac to Catalina and now when I launch MC 1st and try to play a sequence I get this error message

exception: PMM_mismatch_audio_format

This sequence was playing fine before I upgraded to Catalina.  I see that audio clips in the sequence are at 2 different frame rates.  I'm assuming this is the problem, but maybe not.  But how do I correct the problem (whatever it is) so I can play the sequence?  Thanks

Macbook Pro, retina 15 inch mid 2014, 2.5ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB memory [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 2 2020 3:55 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,124
    • Points 230,130
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: PMM_MISMATCH_AUDIO

Jim

Yes that is what it looks like.

Start on page 52.....

New User Guide for 2020

http://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/Media_Composer_Editing_Guide_2020.x.pdf 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, May 12 2020 5:03 AM In reply to

• jimdog
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 28 2018
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Re: PMM_MISMATCH_AUDIO

Hi Marianna--I read through this but still have not been able to isolate the problem.  This was not a new project.  Have been working on it for several months and all was fine till I upgraded to Mac Catalina.  There are also a number of clips that were fine before but now when I try to load them into the source monitor I get this error message:  "Exception: failed to setup a sample provider!"  I don't know what this means.  Tried to reimport some of those clips but I am now told that the format is not supported for import.  The format is h264 .mov.  Sorry but I am really at a loss as to how to solve all of these problems. Thanks for any help--Jim

Macbook Pro, retina 15 inch mid 2014, 2.5ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB memory [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller